Monday, April 20, 2009

Music

I'm so excited that a friend showed me how to add music to my blog!  I don't listen to music as much as I'd like only because I don't have time to really enjoy it with 5 children in the house.  Sometimes it just adds to the chaos that I'm trying to manage!  But then there are other times when music makes all the difference.  I have a friend whose blog I visit almost daily and she has some really good Christian music on her playlist that really blesses me and helps me to understand what she is experiencing.  Sometimes I just pull up her blog and let the music run.

You can view my playlist in the sidebar and click on any of the songs to change what you are listening to.  Can you tell that my Christian music education is very limited and so far I've only featured two artists?  I'll print the words below to "First Song That I Sing" by Sara Groves because I think they are worth commenting on.

In the morning when I rise
Help me to prioritize
All the thoughts that fill my day
Before my schedule 
Tells me that my day is full
Before I'm off and on my way

I want to praise you
I NEED to praise you
Let the first song that I sing
Be praises to my God and King!

Before my curtains part
Before my day is starting
Before I make up the bed
Before the snooze alarm
Reminds me that it's morning
Before the dreams have left my head

I want to praise You
I need to praise You
Let the first song that I sing
Be praises to my God and King

Before my feet hit the floor, I'll praise you Lord, I'll praise you Lord
Before I fill my cup, I'll lift you up, I'll lift you up
Before I start my day, I'll sing Your praise, I'll sing Your praise Before I start my car, before I get too far . . . 

This is one way to renew your mind. Start the day with praise! May God transform me on the inside for it is only when this happens that I will be able to minister to others. In the presence of God is where we find fullness of joy.  I need that joy.  I want His joy. Sometimes God seems to be just waiting for me to take that initial step, to take action, to show my desire to bask in His presence. 

It's too easy to get too busy to even think about our Savior.  So many times I find myself going to bed at the end of a crazy day and my mind has not been renewed.  The Holy Spirit will not fill me if up if I act like I don't need Him.  

Oh, may I take the time to acknowledge my Lord and give Him the praise he deserves!

Romans 12:2  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey THX Kristen! I had a playlist already made up for my myspace page...but never even thought about adding it here! THX for reminding me...I have such a passion for music and love to hear what others are listening to. You never know the impact your words, or music, may have on those that are viewing your page. :)